We have a position available for a Mid-Level PHP full stack programmer within our development team based in our Melbourne head office.
You will be working with our industry leading One Touch Control (OTC) platform which provides an Enterprise Telco Management solution. OTC has a ranges of features for our customers and staff, it provides End-To-End CRM from lead generation to network management and beyond. Our goal is keeping OTC current and always one step ahead of our competition. This role is to ensure that feature requests coming into the development team are delivered in time, within budget and quality checked.
This role is ideal for someone looking to take that next step in developing their leadership skills as you will be required to lead a small group of developers as well as converse with stakeholders to tease out feature requirements, taking ideas and making them a reality. You will be required to code and your coding skills / programming techniques will be used to design, lead and instruct junior developers.
The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to grow and work for a company that is leading the field with industry recognised OTC platform.
- Based in Brisbane/Melbourne
- Working from home available
- Mid-level PHP Programmer
- Minimum 3 years’ commercial experience in back end coding
- Experience managing a team of coders advantageous
- Ability to translate business requirements into code
- Ability to solve business challenges through automation and improvement of the business system
- Automating work flow
- Very Detailed
- Excellent personal, written and communication skills
- PHP, HTML, JSON, API
The PHP Programmer will work assist the team to
- Build software solutions for business problems
- Liaise with all areas of the business
- Gather business requirements and translate into functional units
- Drive standards to ensure systems do not become fragmented
- QA, deploy, train and document new functionality
Core objectives include:
- Provide sound development principals in the enhancement and maintenance of One Touch Control – Comscentre’s enterprise network management platform
- Work with various business leaders to understand and document any changes required to OTC.
- Maintain application availability at the agreed service levels
- Monitoring the performance of the application and taking appropriate action if performance metrics are out of specification.
- Make process improvement recommendations
- Continually improve the performance of One Touch Control
- Provide assistance for any application related business process issue
- Maintain application documentation
- Effective testing methodology to ensure high quality releases
- Ensure all bugs are actioned in a timely matter
- Provide mentoring support to junior developers
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Solid experience working on MVC frameworks.
- Strong knowledge and experience with GIT
- Experience with database design and optimization techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication including communicating in pressured situations to manage scope and expectations
- Ability to manage a team to achieve results
- High level of commercial acumen
- Demonstrated ability in proactively building relationships with key stakeholders, customers, peers and colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills
- Confidence in a customer facing role
- Positive, proactive approach and takes ownership
- Tenacity, flexibility and inventiveness
- Diligent with good attention to detail
- Ability to lead and motivate others
If you think you are the right person for this role, and you would like to join us to transform the way our customers connect, collaborate and operate then please apply now.